These days we are all more aware than ever before about the importance of keeping everything as clean as possible. So, read on to learn more about how to keep your wrought iron door clean and in tip-top condition.
- Start by using a mild cleanser and a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. For a DIY cleaner, mix together liquid castile soap or a vegetable-based soap with a touch of water. Soak the cloth in the soap mixtures and gently wipe down your doors. The rust on your doors should start to come off with ease.
- Once you cleaned your door with your soap mixture, make sure you rinse it off thoroughly with a hose. Any remaining soap can leave unwanted residue on your custom wrought iron doors.
- When you are wiping down your iron doors, make sure that you don’t leave any excess water to dry, for this will cause more rust to form. Chemicals and hard minerals that are found in tap water can stain and damage your doors.
- Once your doors have been properly cleaned, use a cloth or sponge to completely dry off your doors. By drying off any remaining water, you are ensuring that your custom wrought iron doors will remain stain and damage free.
- Depending on the area you live in, you may have to take a few extra precautions to ensure that your iron doors maintain their beauty year-round. For example, if you live near the coast, you should properly oil the hinges of your iron door on a monthly basis. Salt water air can corrode doors if they aren’t taken care of and maintained on a regular basis.
To keep your custom wrought iron doors, beautiful, durable, and secure, it’s so important to come up with a proper maintenance plan.
CUSTOM COMMERCIAL DOORS IN SCOTTSDALE BY ARTISTIC ALLOYS
Artistic Alloys & Design of Scottsdale, Arizona can design, fabricate, and install custom metal work including custom commercial doors all over the Phoenix area. With services for both residential and commercial properties, your business can be equally secure. If you have a property that needs to be more secure and upgraded visually, we are excited about your project and can offer help with all stages of the process. Contact Artistic Alloys & Design today at 480-941-2611 or by filling out our convenient contact form.