Even though a snazzy gate can add to your home’s street appeal, the main reasoning for installing an entry gate is to strengthen your home security. An automated gate is an initial defense against trespassers. In addition to a sturdy fence, it can prevent burglars from taking advantage of your home.
Choose A Durable Gate and Gate Operator
First of all, quality construction is essential. Residential gates can be made of steel, wrought iron, aluminum, wood, or glass. Although metal gates are the most robust, all types are strong enough to offer powerful home security, given that they’re well-constructed. Two primary factors to consider are reliability and durability.
- Reliability. Should your gate or operator become non-operational, even for a short time, leaving your home unprotected. Deciding on a gate with a history for reliability is important. Nevertheless, it’s also vital that you keep up with your gate’s maintenance. Meaning following the maintenance schedule given by the manufacturer and getting your gate and opener routinely serviced by professionals.
- Durability. It’s vital that your gate provides the same degree of performance all year. Therefore, it needs to be able to endure the weather without considerable wear and tear.
Choose A Gate That’s Suited to Your Property
Each property is different and has its own individual features and layout. The ideal performing gate — and consequently the best protected — is the one that’s suited to your specific property, whether it’s a swing gate, sliding, cantilever, or telescopic.
An initial thing to think about is your property’s space restrictions. For instance, should you have a shorter driveway, a sliding gate is better than a swing gate type. However, if you have narrow space on either side of your driveway, a swing gate is a more appropriate option. Telescopic gates are perfect if space is limited. Regarding cantilever gates, their performance is better than sliding gates when the ground is irregular. Dissimilar to slide types, cantilever types utilize a trackless design: these types slide across post-mounted rollers and open and close, never touching the ground.
To establish which gate is ideal for your home, have a professional evaluate your situation. Furthermore, make sure to work with a company such as Artistic Alloys & Design, LLC that provides custom gate solutions.
Opt for Gate Systems That Has First-Rate Security Features
The correct gate operator is going to guarantee that your gate system is secure. A first-rate gate operator is equipped with several security features that are vital for safeguarding your property. It’s a wise to purchase one that offers the below:
- Compliance with the fire department. This feature allows the gate to open when the power is out or there is no battery power left.
- Anti-tailgate. This feature stops unauthorized access by guaranteeing that the gate closes directly behind your vehicle.
- Manual key deactivation. This allows gates to be opened manually in the event of power loss or a malfunction.
- Anti-hacking system. This kind of technology uses encrypted signals to stop hackers from opening your gate.
- A telephone access system. This connects your operator to your home phone and gives you management over who gets entry to your property.
- Reversing sensors. This feature helps safeguard children and pets by ensuring that the gate stops then reverses any time anything enters its path when closing.
- Battery backup. This guarantees that your gate continues to work during power outages.
- Protection from surges. This feature safeguards your gate from power surges caused by blocking or shorting.
In addition, a Wi-Fi-activator operator is going to enable you to remotely control and oversee your gate. This enables you to open and close your gate from anywhere via your smartphone. Additionally, it allows you to oversee your gate and receive texts whenever it is opened. It also gives you with an entire log of gate activity with time stamps.
Have Your Security Gate Installed and Serviced by A Reputable Company
Your security gate must be correctly installed to be secure. Work with a company that has experience installing high-quality custom gates, such as Artistic Alloys & Design, LLC. Additionally, you are going to want to have your gate and its operator serviced on a routine basis by a trained professional. This not only prolongs the longevity of your gate by hindering undo natural tear, however, it also increases your gate security, as it helps stop unforeseen break-downs and helps guarantee that the security features on your gate continue to function ideally.
ARTISTIC ALLOYS & DESIGN OFFERS CUSTOM METAL FABRICATION IN ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA, COLORADO, & MORE
Artistic Alloys & Design offers metal design and fabrication for the entire US! If you live anywhere in the Phoenix Valley and want to have some custom metal work done, Artistic Alloys & Design can craft any type of metal item you want. From entry doors to range hoods or stair railings we have precisely what Arizona businesses and homeowners are looking for.