So, you have a beautiful copper range hood in your kitchen. But how do you keep it clean? Read more to learn different ways to keeping your range hood looking in great condition!
Do You Have A Lacquer Finish?
In this article we are going to talk about three ways to clean a copper range hood. However, stop reading right now, if you have a lacquered finish and consult the manufacturer to make a determination of the recommended cleaning technique.
Using Bar Keepers Friend Copper Cleaner
Bar Keepers Friend is as well known copper cleaner and you can use it in the following way with some soft cloths:
- Wipe the hood with a damp cloth so it becomes moistened.
- Sprinkle any non-vertical surfaces with copper cleaner.
- Gently rub the cleaner over the hood, ensuring all surfaces are covered with the moist paste you have created
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes or as directed on the product label.
- Use a clean cloth to clean the copper. Repeat this process until all cleaner has been removed fro mthe range hood.
- Finish by polishing the copper range hood to a bright shine with a clean soft cloth.
Here is what you will need
- Dish soap
- Copper polish
- Flannel cloth
- Use a wet sponge and some hot water with three drops of dish soap. Use the sponge to wipe the range hood and leave the soap on the surface for 12 minutes so the grease is loosened.
- Take soapy sponge and rub the copper, adding and rinsing with more soap as required. Rinse the range hood with a clean, wet sponge and dry it with a towel to prepare for polishing.
- Take a small amount of copper polish to the flannel cloth. The copper neecds to be covereed wit ha thin layer of polish and allowed to dry.
- Using small circular like motions, rub the range hood so there is no residue from the polish remaining.
ARTISTIC ALLOYS & DESIGN OFFERS CUSTOM RANGE HOODS IN ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA, COLORADO, & MORE
Artistic Alloys & Design offers design, fabrication, and installation of custom range hoods for the entire US! We manufacture any style of range hood you can dream of including island range hoods, ducted range hoods, ductless range hoods, and wall mount range hoods. We provide range hood installation in Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Glendale, Mesa, Phoenix, and anywhere else in Arizona. Do you need a custom range hood designed, fabricated, and shipped to Colorado, California, New Mexico, Washington State, Oregon, or elsewhere in the US? We can help with that as well!