The retailers and manufacturers of induction cooktops will often tell you a range hood is not needed when you have one of their induction cooktops as induction cooking by its sheer process creates a lesser amount of ambient heat than an electric or gas stovetop and for that reason your kitchen will remain cooler with an induction cooktop. But heat is merely one of many reasons to get and utilize a range hood. So, although it is possible to manage without a hood, it is certainly worth considering both sides of the issue before making a decision.
Not Having A Range Hood With An Induction Cooktop
- Induction cooktops produce less heat and one of its great advantages is less ambient heat is produced than with conventional electric and gas ranges. So a hood is not mandatory, so to speak with an induction cooktop.
- Induction cooktops also do not produce toxic fumes like carbon minoxide produced by gas cooking. So it may be said a range hood is not as needed with induction cooktops as for a gas rangetop.
- If you are not used to the range hood, you may not really see the need for it as you have not been exposed to the benefits of there being one.
- Many people dislike the noise of the exhaust hoods and they rarely use it. But a good hood does produce some noise and if ambient noise perturbs you, a range hood may not be ideal for your situation.
Having A Range Hood With An Induction Cooktop
- If you have a style of cooking that produces odors and grease, when you lack a hood you will the effects will remain in your kitchen. A hood will certainly help keep your kitchen in a clean order and will have a huge impacr on reducing the smell of cooking.
- A range hood also makes the kitchen a safer environment. Cooking grease is concentrated over the etove top and removes it by pulling it from the kitchen. And this reduces the chances of fires as well as the spread of germs.
- A range hood can greatly increase indoor air quality by reducing gases like carbon dioxide, carbon minoxide and nitrogen oxide. This is especially the case with gas cooktops but also applies to a lesser degree of cooktop types.
- Some area building coes require ventilation for cooking. Sometimes as per codes, it may be as simple an access to an open window or it may mean a fully ducted range hood is required.
Artistic Alloys & Design Offers Custom Range Hoods In Arizona, California, Colorado, & More
Artistic Alloys & Design offers design, fabrication, and installation of custom range hoods for the entire US! We manufacture any style of range hood you can dream of including island range hoods, ducted range hoods, ductless range hoods, and wall mount range hoods. We provide range hood installation in Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Glendale, Mesa, Phoenix, and anywhere else in Arizona. Do you need a custom range hood designed, fabricated, and shipped to Colorado, California, New Mexico, Washington State, Oregon, or elsewhere in the US? We can help with that as well!